It's been a great era, 10 years full of fun & entertainment. Thank you!
It is my sad duty to write this last article. Over the last weekend, we had a great party full of nostalgia, great memories and amazing music. We gathered to celebrate what we've managed to achieve in these 10 years. Contributing show hosts on Saturday & Sunday (in the order of airing; click on the icon to listen again):
But as all good things come to an end, so does BAIT Radio.
There are a lot of people who deserve credit. First and foremost, of course, you - our loyal listeners! Without the listeners there would be no radio, no countless requests & shoutouts, no shows & events. We truly appreciate each and every one of you and we're happy to have been able to entertain you!
There are numerous people to thank from our crew:
- SVNK (aka Avi). Thank you for being a great co-leader and support of the station for the past 4-5 years. Your dedication and responsibility are admirable and without your help we wouldn't have come this far.
- Apoc. Thank you for being our longest serving presenter & show host. You were there when we started and you were the last to close our doors. Apoc also generously supported the station financially and thanks to that our station was online 24/7 for the past 10 years!
- DrZizi. Thank you for being a background force on this station from day #1 until now. DrZizi took care of the official part (the license) and our streaming server. While he was not actively around, he still made it possible for us to continue throughout the years.
- twisty. Thank you for your countless amount of shows and hours contributed to this radio station. The long-running TOP10 Show was a huge success and the most popular show on the station. Your personal shows had a special twist to them making it a unique experience. Your PR work, interviews with bands & articles about them were loved by everyone and we truly appreciate it!
- Znurre. Thank you for being a technical support through creating and maintaining our IRC bot that was in use on a daily basis and without which our operation would be close to impossible. Your themed shows were always different and special, we're going to miss that!
- Neur0. Thank you for being the first real Content Manager and co-leader of the project, helping with recruitment and general quality. Your Friday evenings ON-AIR cannot be forgotten.
- ssmmdd (aka Smeed). Thank you for being the craziest presenter of them all and for the last few years a dedicated sponsor of our website hosting!
Click here to show/hide the full crew list.
- Apoc (Founding member, financial support)
- Bas (aka pRoJ)
- BassBeats (aka Rev)
- Critical (aka Phil)
- Deceiver (aka Disease)
- Decl (Founding member, General Manager, presenter, developer)
- DrZizi (Founding member, financial support)
- emonk (pre-recorded shows)
- Franz (aka hellboy)
- heka (Website developer)
- Ins0mnia (Founding member)
- Jelle (aka ooLaLa) (pre-recorded shows)
- Jessie (News writer, interviewer)
- Michelle (aka Comedienne)
- Neur0 (Content manager, presenter)
- Nitroxx (aka Nemesis)
- olick (Graphic designer)
- ramdrop (Presenter, interviewer)
- Smeed (aka ssmmdd) (Presenter, website hosting sponsor)
- St-e-f (pre-recorded shows)
- SVNK (aka seven K, Crush, Avi) (Content manager, DJ, graphic designer)
- twisty (PR Manager, presenter)
- Znurre (Presenter, developer)
Even though BAIT Radio has been closed, several crew members continue doing radio elsewhere. If you find that you want to check out their shows on a different station, then here are some useful links.
- SVNK's shows can be heard on:
- Decl's shows can be heard on:
- emonk's shows can be heard on:
- DeeJay St-e-f's shows can be heard on:
We would love it if you left your favourite memory of this station & community in the comments below. Tell us what will remind you of BAIT Radio and what you'll especially miss. Also vote in this last poll! Thank you, everyone!
BAIT Radio - Hooked On Music!
Posted on October 15th, 2018